Welcome to FlyBook! FlyBook is a pocket fly fishing journal, allowing you to record the specifics of each and every fly fishing trip. FlyBook is better than a paper journal because it leverages all the technology built into your iPhone or iPod Touch to easily capture all the details of your fly fishing experience. With FlyBook, you can record the following information:
* Trips - Trip track each fishing trip you take.
* Books - Books organize your trips, or store your trips in the 'Master Book'.
* Buddies - Create fishing buddies from your Contacts, or enter them directly. Create a buddy once, and assign them to any trip you like.
* Locations - Locations record information about the area your fishing in. Locations allow you to document lodging, eateries and fly shops of interest.
* Outings - Record information about each fishing outing you make on a trip.
* Fish Caught - Type of trout, size, fly used - capture it all.
* Fly Used - Sometimes a fly isn't effective; you can record that too.
* Conditions - Water and Air temperature, water flow (CFS) and clarity.
* Weather - Anything and everything you want to record, FlyBook does.
* Coordinates - GPS coordinates can be captured for outings, eateries, lodging and fly shops.
* Hatches - Capture details about the hatch.
* Seining - Capture details about seining.
* And more.
FlyBook utilizes these iPhone/iPod Touch technologies:
* Contacts are used to create buddies and address email.
* Mail is used to contact buddies and send trip reports.
* GPS is used to capture coordinates.
* Map is used to show coordinates, and route you from your current location to a coordinate.
* Camera (or Photo Library) is used to select or save photos. FlyBook allows you to capture photos of outings, fish caught, eateries, lodging and fly shops. Photos can be mailed or save to the photo library.
Trip reports can be generated from each trip, and mailed to your buddies - or anyone. FlyBook has been designed for easy viewing in direct sunlight, and has been optimized for quick and easy data entry. Finally, an easy way to keep track of your fly fishing experience!